They say you are what you think. Think you’re destined to fail and you will. But believe you’re in charge of your own success and you’ll achieve your dreams. Wishful thinking? Maybe not.
Many swear by the power of affirmations to create positive changes in everything from finances and career to relationships and weight loss to improved self-confidence. These simple statements flood your brain with positive self-talk. They’re phrased in the present tense and declare what you want to be true about yourself or your life, as if it were already true. Think of it as a mental fake-it-‘til-you-make-it.
Need a little extra self-love to start your day? Scroll through these 17 positive affirmations — and manifest your way to the perfect day.
Repeat After Me… 17 Positive Affirmations to Inspire You
1. I am love. I am purpose. I was made with divine intention. (@bexlife)
With her #lookhowdopemylifeis movement, Rebekah Borucki reminds us that life is pretty grand. With this affirmation, the author and meditation guide reminds you not to let fear or expectations hold you back from living authentically.
2. I don’t sweat the small stuff. (@gabbybernstein)
New York Times best selling author and speaker Gabby Bernstein drops powerful affirmations that will inspire and empower you to manifest your dreams. The spirit junkie’s affirmations shift your thinking (don’t sweat the small stuff) to find miracles in your everyday life.
3. I can. I will. End of story. (@dailyburn)
When you set your mind to it, there’s nothing you can’t accomplish. What more is there to say?
4. I am adventurous. I overcome fears by following my dreams. (@malacollective)
Fear and adventure go hand-in-hand when you’re following your dreams. It’s why you may feel excinervous (aka excited and nervous at the same time). And no, that’s definitely not a bad thing!
5. I feed my spirit. I train my body. I focus my mind. It’s my time. (@intensati)
This statement from the IntenSati Method — high-energy workouts that fuse martial arts, yoga, dance and interval training with positive affirmations — confirms what we know is true. When your mind, body and spirit are in sync, it’s your time to shine.
6. I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness. (@sequellife_bp)
Sometimes you can feel like a slave to your emotions. Don’t. Remember, while you may not be able to control what happens during the day, you can control how you react and how you feel. Choose wisely.
7. I am my own superhero. (@greatist)
Want to boost your confidence? Repeat after me: “I am my own superhero.” Who needs Ironman, Wolverine or Supergirl when you have you?
8. I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet. (@emilymcdowell_)
Raise your hand if you need this reminder. While seeing someone’s post about their killer zero-dark-thirty workout might motivate you to get out of bed, social media can also make you feel crummy when you start comparing your life to others’ curated feeds. When it does, step back and repeat this affirmation.
9. I am choosing and not waiting to be chosen. (@raisingself)
No bad PE class flashbacks here! If you want to change your life, choose yourself first. Don’t wait for permission or to be picked for the team.
10. I am enough. (@alexandweightloss)
Striving to improve yourself, your career or your relationships is a good thing, right? Yes, but remember to start by acknowledging that you’re worthy of self-love and achieving great things. If you constantly feel you’re not enough, heed this daily dose of self-love.
11. I am whole. (@jenniferkass)
Writer, spiritual mentor and love pioneer Jennifer Kass reminds us that we don’t need a soulmate to complete us. All we need is already within us.
12. I have the power to create change. (@iamruby)
This coach wants to be a catalyst in your life. Her reminder? We all have to power to ignite and create change.
13. I let go of all that no longer serves me. (@iamdailyaffirmations)
We all carry around baggage — emotional, mental, physical — out of habit and obligation. And it’s heavy! But if it’s not helping you reach your desired destination, let it go.
14. I can do all the things. (@kay.penny)
Here’s your Monday morning mantra (or any day of the week!). Consider your to-do list toast. Then, seize the day!
15. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways. (@mbs_experience)
“Can’t stop, won’t stop” is the motto here. When you’re at an impasse, remember there’s always another way forward.
16. I deserve the best and I accept the best now. (@hayhouseinc)
Ready to manifest your best life? Grab your mala beads and repeat this affirmation from one of the leaders of self-help, Louise Hay.
17. I’m going to make you so proud. (@badassbodydiet)
And you means YOU. All the obstacles you encounter on your journey are worth it because it’s about making yourself proud…and no one else.
The post 17 Positive Affirmations That’ll Change the Way You Think appeared first on Life by Daily Burn.