Lisa was off from work yesterday, and yesterday morning she announced that I would not need to worry about cooking dinner. Nice!
I truly enjoy cooking, but it’s been refreshing to not have prepare dinner every single night. Lisa has been kicking ass in the kitchen, too. Everything she’s made this month has not been merely “good”, it’s been stellar.
A couple nights ago Lisa made a delicious tofu soft taco with onion and bell pepper, and last night she did another soft taco, but this time she used roasted cauliflower and an absolutely incredible chipotle cream sauce.
There’s some leftover chipotle cream sauce, and today that’s going on the black bean burger I’ll be having for lunch. I know that’s going to be awesome!
Cauliflower has quickly become a star ingredient in our kitchen. I still can’t get over how enjoyable I’m finding this extremely versatile and healthy vegetable–a vegetable I used to hate !
When Lisa and I began transitioning to a vegetarian diet, I announced that there would be a lot of new recipes coming. I wasn’t kidding. Here’s the latest one, and I know you’re going to love it!
You can always find this recipe, along with many more, in the Recipe section.
Roasted cauliflower, veggies sauteed in olive oil and a spicy chipotle yogurt cream sauce. These vegetarian soft tacos deliver big flavors, with a spicy kick!
Ingredients – Tacos
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 soft wraps of choice (we used multi-grain)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Ingredients – Veggies
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients – Chipotle cream sauce
- 1 5.3 ounce container Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Instructions – Tacos
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place cauliflower on baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil until lightly coated.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with salt, black pepper, minced chipotle and a little adobo sauce; toss to combine.
- Roast the cauliflower for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the veggies and chipotle cream sauce:
Instructions – Veggies
- Cut onion and bell pepper into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute veggies in olive oil until onions and peppers start to brown.
Instructions – Chipotle cream sauce
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and extra spice, as desired.
Fill each tortilla with roasted cauliflower, the sauteed veggies and a big spoonful of the sauce. Top with fresh cilantro and a little lime juice. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 tacos (serves 2).